Friday, April 15, 2016

About Me


About Me



I am currently attending Western Michigan University and pursuing a degree in Special Education. I am twenty three years old and I have always had a love, curiosity and desire for all things cinematic and I believe that film is one of the best forms of artistic expression that there is. I have dozens of old VHS tapes of children's movies that were made in both the eighties and nineties and I spent a good deal of my childhood watching them over and over again. Both era's are well known for their marketing of children's adventure films. Movies such as the Goonies, Never Ending Story and The Sandlot are still being enjoyed by viewers both young and old. During these two periods commercialization and artistic expression coexisted and were used to reach out and inspire viewers of all ages. The adult world of entertainment is often overly violent, sexual and fails to capture the simplistic nature of childhood fun that every viewer regardless of age craves throughout their lifetime. This blog will explore several well known children's movies and I will identify models of childhood and analyze the psychological tone of each film. Because I was not alive during the eighties and was born in the mid nineties  I am using this blog as a tool to investigate what seems like a much simpler time in American history. I am the youngest of six children and I have grown up constantly hearing about both of theses era's. I am fascinated by pop-culture and I think it is always interesting to go back in time and find out what movies were popular, how people dressed and what type of music was played on the radio. My friends have always described me as a old soul and I guess this blog will be an extension of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment